Bring the Best of Fall to Your Atlanta Wedding
May 11th 2017 | by Avalon Catering
Autumn is arriving, and it comes bearing the gifts of brilliant flavors and gorgeous colors. Let these elements fill your Atlanta wedding with elegance, vibrance and a touch of magic. From choosing and decorating a venue to planning a custom menu, our experienced wedding planners know how to bring the best of the season to your special day.
Top Fall Wedding Ideas
Fall has an excitement about it—a crisp and serene energy that fills people with joy. Embrace this by selecting an outdoor venue that features autumn colors in the natural landscaping that shines bright this time of year.
Gardens are popular fall wedding venues, and the Dunway Garden’s 25 acres of lush botanical gardens will not disappoint. But we also love any venue with wooden features, especially barns. The Trolley Barn is perfect for a rustic fall wedding—or any couple looking for a historic treasure. This graceful venue with a brick patio and picturesque gardens is sure to take your breath away.
Trendy Fall Wedding Color Schemes
Think deep, rich shades of navy, eggplant, plum, olive and cranberry. And feel free to mix and match colors in your décor—you most certainly are not limited to one bold color. You are probably already doing this in your wedding attire. Atlanta wedding dresses are trending in off-white and cream colors, while bridesmaids’ dresses are flowing in deep tones.
When choosing a color theme, think about what can serve as a nice base for gold detailing—something sure to show up on place settings and decorations throughout your venue. You can even custom design linens in sophisticated fall colors.
Every Detail Counts—Fall Wedding Decorations
Once you have a naturally beautiful Atlanta wedding venue set with a fall color scheme, you are ready to add the clear marks of the season. Creative event planners share simple and stylish fall décor ideas like these:
- Elegant leaf patterns: Project leaf patterns onto the ceiling or hang golden painted ones. The Trolley Barn with its 30-foot ceiling is an ideal place to incorporate these top Atlanta wedding décor ideas. You can also stamp this pattern onto name cards or any other stationery.
- Apples with glam: Add this fall fruit and a touch of golden glitter to traditional centerpieces.
- Pumpkins in all colors: A white pumpkin shell filled with colorful fall flowers like dahlia and chrysanthemum makes an elegant autumn centerpiece while delicate daisies offset bright orange pumpkins. You can even line your aisle with pumpkins in varying sizes and colors
- Light strands and paper lanterns: A great lighting option and an opportunity to incorporate fall colors—oranges, yellows, reds, browns and intense greens.
- Burlap-covered hay bails: Use fabric paint to decorate these with your initials. This is a great way to add texture and a personal touch to your fall wedding.
Delicious Fall Wedding Menu Ideas
A fall wedding menu with locally grown seasonal ingredients thoughtfully crafted into fine dishes perfectly complement popular drinks like apple cider and maple bourbon. Our fall favorites like sweet potato ravioli with a sage brown butter sauce and butternut squash and goat cheese tarts take fall ingredients up a notch!
But nothing says fall more than pies. And food stations are a great way to encourage guests to mix and mingle as they fill their plates. So why not ask your Atlanta wedding catering company to set up a pot pie station with something to satisfy everyone? Guests can choose from the following hearty options:
- Classic chicken filling
- Local/seasonal vegetarian filling
- Beef Bourguignon: Stewed beef, mushrooms, carrots and onions in a red wine sauce
- Baked puff pastry topping flavor: Cheese, paprika, or black pepper
And the pies can continue through dessert! How does a peach-basil pie you’re your choice of ice cream sound?
Fun Fall Wedding Activities
Guests won’t mind helping you decorate your venue or desserts when you take advantage of these Atlanta wedding reception ideas that triple as entertainment, décor and food!
- Pumpkin decorating: Set out a collection of arts and crafts so guests can decorate white and orange pumpkins. Markers and ornate decorations like lace will enable guests to design beautiful autumn pumpkins. Then put a candle inside, close the top, and you have the perfect additional lighting. These festive decorations can stand-alone. Or, to really put on a display, mix them up with tea lights and candles in autumn colors.
- Caramel apple dipping: With a wide array of fun toppings to choose from, guests can make these a work of art. With some decorative wrap available, guests can wrap up their caramel apple to take home, or eat them right away.
- Fall coffee stations: Guests can spice up their coffee with a variety of seasonal flavors and toppings. Nothing like a pumpkin spice latte to help guests stay warm, energized and feeling festive all night long.
After more than two decades of catering in all seasons, our family-owned Atlanta catering company continues to surpass the expectations of couples working with a range of budgets. The freshest ingredients and utmost attention to detail are a winning combination.