Atlanta Community ToolBank Gala: Ladders and Libations
April 3rd 2018 | by Avalon Catering
Hand-crafted food, decades of experience and exceptional service—our Atlanta catering company has all the tools to hand-craft successful events. We loved working with the Atlanta Community ToolBank to embrace their slogan, “Tools for Change,” at their 2016 fundraiser gala. Held at Terminus 330 located in the heart of downtown, this event certainly was a ladder for the growth of this organization.
We invite you to take a look at how one of the best Atlanta catering companies can bring a theme and vision to life for companies big and small.
Stepping Up to Facilitate a Unique Gala Theme
A Welcoming Atlanta Venue
When choosing among the many fantastic Atlanta venues, the Atlanta Community ToolBank looked for one that was intimate enough to give a warm and welcoming feel yet spacious enough to host 175 guests with ease. They knew a very diverse group would be attending and wanted all to feel comfortable. Terminus 330 was the perfect match. This historic venue has an industrial vibe with elegant décor. The exposed brick, timber columns and original hardwood floors made guests feel right at home.
VIP Reception Celebratory Appetizers
Knowing many philanthropic leaders from organizations like Habitat for Humanity, Southface and Community Food Banks would be in attendance, we wanted to make sure they had a chance to network before all the guests rolled in. The VIP reception brought together the heads of these organizations with leaders of big companies like Home Depot, STANLEY Tools and Black and Decker, all of which support the Atlanta Community ToolBank.
This gala to raise awareness and funds was timed with the ToolBank’s 25th anniversary, so we designed a menu featuring passed hors d’oeuvres that set a celebratory tone. From 6–7pm, the 50 VIPs enjoyed these tasty bites:
- Mini Crab Tostadas Avocado, citrus and cilantro
- Parmesan Crisps Filled with whipped goat cheese and chives
- Classic Deviled Eggs Daikon radish sprouts
- Grilled Serrano Ham-Wrapped Peaches Lemon vinaigrette
The Décor Ladder
By working with our experienced event planners, the Atlanta Community ToolBank was able to incorporate their tools/ladders theme into unique tabletop décor that fit in perfectly with the rustic T330 event space. As always, we kept the decorations simple and stylish, allowing guests to focus on the organization and its message. With a ladder-decorating contest, nobody could forget that this fundraising event was all about elevating others to greatness.
Buffets Worth Stepping Up to
With a silent auction being the main event, we wanted the main food buffets to give the 175 guests a reason to put their best foot forward. From 7–10pm, guests mixed and mingled among these buffets.
Brisket & Biscuit
- Avalon Signature Texas-style BBQ Brisket Assortment of BBQ sauces: blackjack, smoked peach & tomato and Alabama white
- House-made Buttermilk & Cheddar Biscuits
- Southern-style Roasted Green Beans
- Crispy Heirloom Rice Arancini Smoked tomato sauce
- Local & Domestic Artisan Cheeses
- Assorted Charcuterie Salamis, prosciutto and pickled veggies (sourced from our local vendors)
- House-made Accompaniments Pickled vegetables, preserves, mostardas and flatbreads and crackers
- Fried Shallot Dip Upscale onion dip with creme fraiche and crispy shallots, served with salty potato chips
- Toasted Coriander Hummus Fresh, local summer vegetables
The Piedmont – Italian
- Porcini-shitake Ravioli Herbs & Italian cheese tossed in an arugula cream sauce
- Fennel & Rosemary-rubbed Pork Loin Salsa verde
- Grilled Seasonal Vegetables Lemon vinaigrette
- Hand-held Cherry Pies
- Chocolate Cupcakes Ancho chili butter cream
- Peach Shortcakes Fresh whipped cream
We were honored to prepare and personalize a menu for such a good cause and for the generous guests. With fresh food and attentive service, together we climbed to great heights at this beautiful gala.
More articles you might enjoy:
- Exciting Benefits in Store with Avalon Catering’s New Corporate Menu
- Alternative Holiday Party Ideas